Getting to the University of New South Wales in 2021
If you are a student attending UNSW in 2021, make sure to check your public transport options ahead of time.
From Central Station, light rail is the best option to get you there with services on both the L2 and L3 lines running frequently between the Central Chalmers Street Light Rail stop and UNSW campus stops.
You can use the Trip Planner, Opal Travel or other transport apps to plan your full trip or use Departures to see the next departing services from Central Chalmers Street Light Rail to UNSW High Street Light Rail or UNSW Anzac Parade Light Rail.
To get concession fares you must check your eligibility, and apply for a Tertiary Concession Entitlement Card.
Transport options from Central Station
- L2 light rail services run to Randwick, and stop at UNSW High Street.
- L3 light rail services run to Kingsford and stop at UNSW Anzac Parade near NIDA.
- Bus services 391, 393 and 395 also run from Eddy Avenue Stand C and alight at Anzac Parade at UNSW.
Transport options for UNSW customers returning to City:
- L2 light rail services can be boarded from UNSW High Street towards Circular Quay via the City.
- L3 light rail services can be boarded from UNSW Anzac Parade towards Circular Quay via the City.
- Customers on Anzac Parade can also catch the following services from the bus stop NIDA, Anzac Parade