It’s easier and safer to use the wider Easy Access Gate
The Easy Access Gates at Parramatta Station now have a new look to help those who need to use these gates.
If you are travelling with a wheelchair, young children or a pram, large items or luggage, it’s easier and safer to use the wider Easy Access Gate to get into and out of the station. Staff will be on hand to help you use the gates if you need assistance.
Who should be using the wider Easy Access Gate?
- Anyone in a wheelchair or other disability as it is the safest way to get into and out of the station. Tactile ground surface indicators for the visually impaired lead directly to the wider Easy Access Gate.
- Elderly travellers, for safety and easier access.
- Parents travelling with young children or a pram. The Easy Access Gate is wider than the normal gate, it is much safer for you and the kids.
- Shoppers carrying a lot of bags will find it easier to use the wider gates.
- Those travelling with lots of luggage should also use the Easy Access Gate.