Something went wrong
Sometimes things go wrong, check these common scenarios to see what to do next.
Is the train heading to your destination? If not, get off at the next station.
Ask help from a transport worker. They can help you find the best way to your destination.
If staff are unavailable at the station, you can speak to the guard on board the next train, located in the train compartment with a blue light.
If there is no one around, refer to your personal backup plan to get back on track to your destination.
There are power points at most train stations to recharge your phone.
Be sure to travel with your charging cable. If you don’t have one with you, you may be able to find a retail outlet that sells charging cables (at a major metropolitan train station)
If you can't recharge your phone and your phone battery runs out, you can always use a payphone to call any number in Australia for free.
Don’t Panic! Stay calm. Take a moment to go over in your mind how you got to where you are. You can use a digital planning tool to work out your current location and use your backup plan to get to where you need to go.
You can use a phone phone to call any number within Australia free of charge, including Transport Info Line on 131 500.
You may be near a payphone! All train stations have payphones available. Telstra provides 18,000 free to use public payphones throughout Australia as a community service, to meet the needs of people who are out and about.
Use your backup plan to get back on track to your destination in the face of this disruption.
The public transport network is complex and it can be overwhelming to undertake a trip on your own.
With a little preparation, you can feel more prepared to travel. Here are some tips:
- Pre-plan your trip so you know where you need to go and what vehicle(s) to catch during your trip.
- Use a trip planning app during your trip so you always know where you are along your trip.
- Travel outside of peak usage hours on public transport when its busy (peak hours are 6.30am - 10am and 3pm - 7pm).
- Arrange to travel with a family member, friend or carer if you will need help throughout your trip. Want to learn more?
- Access in person specialised travel training.