Community transport provides safe door-to-door transport that helps you get around independently.
If you need transport to medical appointments or someone to help you with errands, you may be eligible for community transport services.
The service is especially designed to help you get to medical appointments, participate in social activities, do your shopping and maintain independent living at home.
Services vary between operators. Contact your local operator to check if their services suit your specific needs. Some of the services available may be:
- Door to door transport to and from your destination
- Flexible pick-up times to suit your needs
- Vehicles suitable for wheelchairs and people with specific mobility needs
- Vehicles that can accommodate small groups
- Trained drivers who can assist you to and from the vehicle
- Assistants who may help carry shopping bags back to your home
- Multilingual staff or resources to support your language needs
Community transport may be available to people who have limited transport options and who meet certain eligibility criteria.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are elderly and have limited mobility
- Have a disability or health issues which limit your mobility
- Have language challenges that limit your access to transport
- Live in an area with little or no public transport and don’t have access to private transport
- Face other significant barriers to accessing transport
To find out if you are eligible, find your local community transport operator to see what services are available to you.
You can find your local operator by following these steps:
- Visit the transport operators page
- Filter by Mode and choose 'Community Transport'.
- Filter by Region to find Community Transport in your area.
- You can narrow your results by entering your suburb or your area in the Transport Operators search field.
- Your results, including website and contact details, will appear in alphabetical order.
- Click through to the operator’s website or call the phone number displayed for more information.
Here are other resources and transport options you may find useful.