Coogee Carols 2018
Coogee Beach, Coogee
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
Summer Holiday timetable
During the summer holidays including Christmas and New Year, Sydney trains, buses, ferries and light rail services will run to a changed timetable. Some services will run to weekend timetables on weekdays and other services, including those to major events, beaches and shopping centres, will run more frequently. Check out all the Summer Holiday timetable details and plan your trip before you travel.
The closet station to Coogee Beach is Bondi Junction, however, trackwork is taking place between Central and Bondi Junction during the event. Catch a train to Central and change for a route 372 bus service from Railway Square to Coogee, extra bus services are running for the event.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 15 December to 02:00 Monday 17 December and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line & T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Leppington and Glenfield, then continue to Liverpool.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Bondi Junction and Central. Express buses will run between Bondi Junction and Central.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Buses replace trains between Glenfield and Sydenham.
To note: As of Sunday 30 September, the Epping to Chatswood rail line has temporarily closed for upgrades for around 7 months before Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in 2019. The new high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
Many regular bus services stop within walking distance of Coogee Beach including routes 313, 314, 353, 372 and M50. Additional bus services will be running to get you to and from the event including:
From Bondi Junction to Coogee and return
- Route 314 Bondi Junction to Coogee Beach at 16:46 and 17:06
- Route 314 Coogee Beach to Bondi Junction at 20:51, 21:22 and 21:51
From Eastgardens to Coogee and return
- Route 353 Eastgardens to Coogee Beach at 16:29, 16:58 and 17:29
- Route 353 Coogee Beach to Eastgardens at 20:45, 21:00, 21:15 and 21:30
From the city to Coogee and return
- Route 372 Railway Square to Coogee Beach at 16:30, 16:50, 17:10 and 17:30
- Route 372 Coogee Beach to Railway Square at 20:41, 21:04 and 21:27
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for buses to Coogee.
Parking in the area is very limited and will fill quickly. Plan to arrive early and carpool where possible.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).