Golden Rose Day - The Everest Carnival
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled debit or credit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on metro, train, light rail and ferry services, and coming soon to bus services, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Epping to connect with train services towards Rosehill.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. Rosehill Station is around 3 minutes walk from the main entrance.
Trains will run approximately every 15 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill from 9:30am and 7:50pm.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 28 September until 02:00 Monday 30 September and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern between Liverpool and the City via Regents Park.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Campsie and Sydenham, continuing to Bankstown.
- South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Bomaderry and Wollongong.
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse every half an hour from 10am until 1.30pm the bus will go via Rydalmere Wharf every hour, approx. 15 minutes past the hour.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A, Everton Road, Strathfield Station approximately every 30 minutes from 10:00 until 13:00.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 15:30 to Parramatta and Strathfield until 18:00.
Parramatta Wharf is closed for upgrades from Tuesday 30 April for about six months, weather and conditions permitting.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations.
However, there's planned weekend trackwork during the event. Customers should allow extra travel time.
Due to trackwork, buses will replace all light rail services from 12.30am Saturday 28 September until 6am Tuesday 1 October:
- Daily from 6am to 11pm: Buses will replace all light rail services between Central and Dulwich Hill in both directions
- Nightly from 11pm to 6am: Buses will replace all light rail services between Central and The Star in both directions.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located on Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).