Tamworth Country Music Festival 2020
Various locations, Tamworth
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail. Receive Opal benefits including daily and weekly fare caps and a Travel Cap of $2.80 on Sundays.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport services including metro, trains, buses ferries and light rail, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Summer Holiday timetable
During the summer holidays including Christmas and New Year, transport services including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail will run to a changed timetable. Some services will run to weekend timetables on weekdays and other services, including those to major events, beaches and shopping centres, will run more frequently. Check out all the Summer Holiday Timetable details and plan your trip before you travel.
The closet station to the festival is Tamworth. The Armidale XPLORER runs daily between Sydney and Armidale on the North West line and stops at Tamworth. Use the Trip Planner to see your travel options.
Book a seat on NSW TrainLink services
Trackwork will take place on the following lines between Saturday 18 and Sunday 26 January and may affect your journey:
Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 January
- T1 Western Line: Buses replace trains between St Marys, Richmond and Granville. On Sunday from 4.30pm, trains run between Parramatta and the City.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Richmond and Granville.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Nightly from 22:00 until 02:00 buses replace trains between Glenfield and East Hills
- Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Penrith and Central.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: Most trains start and end at North Sydney.
Monday 20 to Thursday 23 January
- South Coast Line: From 3:40pm until 2am each day, buses replace trains between Bomaderry and Kiama.
- Blue Mountains Line: In the evening, buses replace trains between Lithgow and Springwood.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from the event. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner
During the festival, a Festival Express bus service will be in operation to help fans get around. The Festival Express operates to all Tamworth venues and most accommodation houses during the event. For more information visit Tamworth Country Music Festival - Getting to Tamworth.
A number of local bus companies service the area making stops around Tamworth. Use the Trip Planner to see your travel options.
Roads around Tamworth are expected to be busy during the event. Motorists travelling in the area during the festival should be aware of changed access conditions and follow the direction of traffic controllers and police on site.
From Friday 17 January to Sunday 26 January road closures will be in place during the event at the following locations in Tamworth:
- Peel Street from White Street to Brisbane Street will be closed from 4am on Thursday 16 January to 7pm Monday 27 January.
- Fitzroy Street from Smith Place Egress to Kable Avenue will be closed from 5am Wednesday 15 January to 6am Tuesday 28 January
- Kable Avenue between Brisbane Street and South of Fitzroy Street will be closed from 5am Wednesday 15 January to midday Tuesday 28 January.
For further road closure information please visit the Tamworth Council website.
Local taxi's are available in the area including:
- Tamworth Taxi's phone: (02) 6766 1111
- 13CABS: 132 227
- Eco VIP (Corporate Travel/Taxi Service): 6762 0282
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).