Knockout Outdoor Festival
Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park
GIANTS Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Important travel advice
With a sold out crowd of 50,000 music fans expected, ticketholders are encouraged to plan their trip and consider all the available travel options ahead of time.
Trains run regularly to Olympic Park from Lidcombe and the venue is a short walk from the station. Additional trains will also run to get you there and home again.
You'll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device. Register your details online at Opal or via the app ahead of time.
If you’re driving, travel with your group and consider pre-booking your parking online, available until 11:59pm the night before the event.
Traffic will be heavier than usual on roads approaching the precinct as FIBA Women’s basketball Cup Finals are also taking place at neighbouring venues in the park also so allow extra travel time. You can find real-time updates on traffic conditions at livetraffic.com.
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start from the early morning running every 10 minutes until late. Change at Epping for train connections towards Strathfield then Olympic Park.
The closest station to Sydney Showground is Olympic Park.
Additional trains will be running to get you there and home again.
- From Central to Olympic Park: trains will run every 15 minutes between 1:30pm and 10:30pm; stopping Redfern and Strathfield.
- From Lidcombe to Olympic Park: shuttle trains running every 10 minutes until 1:30am.
- From Olympic Park to Central: trains will run every 15 minutes between 1:30pm and 10:30pm, every 6 minutes between 10:30pm and 12:30am, then every 15 minutes between 12:30am and 1:30am.
- T2 South Line: additional trains will leave Lidcombe at 11:23pm and 11:53pm, stopping at Auburn, Granville, all stations to Macarthur.
- T1 North Shore Line: an additional train will leave at Central 10:50pm, stopping all stations to Hornsby via the North Shore.
Trackwork is taking place over the long weekend from 2am Saturday 1 October until 2am Tuesday 4 October and may affect how you travel to and from the event. Plan ahead using the :
- T1 Western Line: On Saturday from 5.50am until 8.45am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Blacktown. From 8.45am until 11am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. Trains run between Blacktown or Schofields and the City, some to a changed timetable.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run between Liverpool and the City via Regents Park, stopping at all stations between Liverpool and Lidcombe, then running to the normal timetable between Homebush and the City. On Saturday from 6:30am until 10:30am, trains run between Homebush and the City only. Leppington trains will not stop at Ashfield.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Lidcombe and Sydenham. Trains run between Liverpool and the City via Regents Park, stopping all stations to Lidcombe and the City Circle. Trains also run between Sydenham and the City Circle, stopping at St Peters and Erskineville. On Saturday from 6:30am until 10:30am, trains run between Liverpool and Lidcombe only. Buses continue to replace trains until Sunday 9 October.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: On Saturday from 9.30pm until 2.30am, buses replace trains between Waterfall and Hurstville. Trains run to a changed timetable and make extra stops between Cronulla and Bondi Junction until 11:55pm. From 11.55pm until 2.30am, buses also replace trains between Cronulla and Hurstville.
- T5 Cumberland Line: On Saturday from 5.50am until 8.45am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Blacktown. From 8.45am until 11am, buses replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. Trains run between Blacktown or Schofields and Leppington, some to a changed timetable.
- T8 Airport & South Line: On Monday from 9.40pm until 1.30am, trains start and end at Central. Change trains at Central to continue your journey.
- T9 Northern Line: On Saturday from 6:30am until 10:30am, some trains make an extra stop at Ashfield.
- South Coast Line: From 2.30pm Friday until 12.40am Saturday, buses replace trains between Bomaderry and Dapto. Trains run between Port Kembla, Dapto and Bondi Junction, some to a changed timetable. From 12.40am Saturday until 2am Monday, buses replace trains between Bomaderry and Wollongong. Trains run between Wollongong and Thirroul or Bondi Junction, some to a changed timetable. From 2am Saturday until 2am Tuesday, buses replace trains between Port Kembla and Wollongong. From 9.40pm Saturday until 2.30am Sunday, buses replace trains between Waterfall and Hurstville.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
The following Sydney buses services run to Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Strathfield via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route 533 runs from Sydney Olympic Park to Chatswood via Rhodes & North Ryde.
Buses may be diverting due to local road closures in the precinct, check signs at stops and allow extra travel time.
The closest wharf is Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the venue or alternatively it is approximately a 40-minute walk (3.6km) from the wharf.
F3 Parramatta River services run regularly to Olympic Park but services are popular and may reach capacity, so allow extra travel time and consider the alternative public transport options available.
L1 Dulwich Hill Line
L1 Dulwich Hill line light rail services run every 15 minutes between Central Grand Concourse and Dulwich Hill from 6am to 11pm daily, and until midnight on Fridays.
Change at Central for train services towards Olympic Park.
L2 Randwick and L3 Kingsford Lines
L2 Randwick light rail services run between Circular Quay and Randwick via Central Station (Chalmers Street) and L3 Kingsford line services run between Circular Quay and Juniors Kingsford via Central Station (Chalmers Street). Services run regularly, plan your trip using Trip Planner.
Change at Central for train services towards Olympic Park.
Traffic may be heavier than usual on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park as FIBA Women’s basketball Cup Finals are taking place at the park also so allow extra travel time on the M4, Parramatta Road, Homebush Bay Drive and Concord Road as attendees travel to and from the event.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For road closure details, visit Sydney Olympic Park Authority and check out the interactive map.
Visit Sydney Olympic Park Prebook to pre-book your parking ticket and guarantee yourself a space, available until 11:59pm the night before the event.
If you haven’t booked, follow the variable message signs within Sydney Olympic Park to the best available casual parking. For more information visit parking at Sydney Olympic Park.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).