A-League Men: Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory
McDonald Jones Stadium, Broadmeadow
- Gates Open
Important travel advice
Fans are encouraged to plan ahead and consider all the available travel options.
The closest station to the stadium is Broadmeadow on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line. The stadium is a short walk from the station.
You'll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device. Register your details online at Opal or via the app ahead of time.
If you’re driving, travel with your group and pre-book stadium parking via Ticketmaster or use nearby local parking. Allow extra travel time as traffic may be heavier than usual. You can find real-time updates on traffic conditions at livetraffic.com.
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start from the early morning running every 10 minutes until late. Change at Epping to connect with trains to Broadmeadow on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line.
The closest station to McDonald Jones Stadium is Broadmeadow on the Central Coast & Newcastle Line. From the station, the stadium is approximately a 15 to 20-minute walk away (1.5km).
Weekend trackwork is taking place from 2am Saturday 11 February until 2am Monday 13 February on the following lines and may affect how you travel to and from the event. Plan ahead using the Trip Planner:
- City Circle: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Museum. Some trains run to a changed timetable and leave from different platforms.
- T1 North Shore: Buses replace trains between Gordon and Wynyard. Trains run between Hornsby and Gordon, some to a changed timetable.
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains make extra stops at Flemington, Homebush and Burwood. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Leppington only. From 12.40am to 6am and 11.40pm to 2am, buses replace trains between Parramatta and Strathfield. Trains run between Penrith or Richmond and Leppington, and between Strathfield and the City.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace the all-stations Homebush trains between Strathfield and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and Olympic Park, every 30 minutes and do not stop at Ashfield. From 11.30pm Saturday to 6am Sunday, and Sunday from 11.30pm to 2am, buses also replace trains between Merrylands and Strathfield.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Lidcombe and Bankstown.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: From 6.30am to 9.45am and 10.30am to 12.15pm, trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern, due to trackwork between Sutherland and Hurstville. On Sunday from 1pm to 4pm, trains will not stop at Wolli Creek, but make an extra stop at Arncliffe. Buses run between Wolli Creek and Sydenham, and between Wolli Creek and Arncliffe.
- T8 Airport & South Line: From 9am to 3pm, trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Revesby and Turrella.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and Central
- Blue Mountains Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central. On Sunday from 12.20am to 6am buses replace trains between Blacktown and Central.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: From 6am to 11am, at Cowan, all trains leave from platform 1.
- South Coast Line: From 6.30am to 9.45am and 10.30am to 12.15pm, trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern, due to trackwork between Sutherland and Hurstville. On Sunday from 1pm to 4pm, trains will not stop at Wolli Creek, but make extra stops at Arncliffe and Sydenham
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. For train service disruption information, check trackwork and travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
The closest bus stops to McDonald Jones Stadium are on Turton Road and Lambton Road. Regular routes 13, 23, 25, 26 and 27 run towards the stadium. Check Newcastle Transport for more bus network information.
Ferries run between Stockton and Queens Wharf approximately every 20 minutes. At Queens Wharf change for a light rail service to Newcastle Interchange to connect with trains to Broadmeadow. Alternatively, from King Street near Perkins Street, you can catch a route 13 bus to Lambton Road, which is a short walk from the stadium.
Newcastle Light Rail services run from 5am to 1am daily between Newcastle Interchange in Wickham and Pacific Park in Newcastle East. With six convenient stops, it’s easy to get around Newcastle’s city centre and connect with train, bus and ferry services.
Catch a light rail service to Newcastle Interchange and change for a train to Broadmeadow where the stadium is within short walking distance.
Traffic may be heavier than usual on roads approaching the stadium including Turton Road and Griffiths Road as fans travel to and from the game.
For passenger drop offs use the allocated 10-minute loading zone in the McDonald Jones Stadium car park. Entry is via the driveway off Turton Road.
The nearest taxi rank to the stadium is located on Young Road, Broadmeadow. Taxis can be accessed after the event by following the signs to Young Road.
For details of taxi networks servicing the area, visit Transport Operators.
Pre-paid parking – parking on game days and major events is available only for vehicles with a pre-paid parking ticket. Pre-paid parking tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster online, by phone or by visiting Ticketmaster box office at McDonald Jones Stadium. Visit Ticketmaster - McDonald Jones Stadium
Disabled parking areas have been designated in close proximity to each of McDonald Jones Stadiums accessible entries. To purchase a Mobility parking please phone Ticketmaster on 136 100 or visit the Ticketmaster box office at McDonald Jones Stadium.
Drop off zone: motorists may drop off patrons in the stadium's car park in the allocated 10 minute loading zone accessible via either driveway off Turton Road.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).