Helping you maintain physical distancing on public transport
To help you plan ahead and allow for physical distancing on public transport we have updated the capacity information available.
Real time capacity
To see if you can to maintain physical distancing on board Waratah trains and Opal enabled buses, check:
- on station indicator screens for Waratah trains
- in the Trip Planner results (on this site and the Opal Travel app)
- in third party apps
Estimated capacity in the Trip Planner and Opal Travel App
Estimated capacity information is now available for all metro and train, Opal-enabled bus, ferry and light rail services in the Trip Planner and Opal Travel App to help you plan ahead. Based on previous data, the estimated capacity is used whenever real-time data is unavailable.
If you see:
Other important tips:
- To slow the spread of coronavirus, you must stay at home if you are unwell
- Please avoid close contact with transport staff or other passengers
- Travel outside peak times where possible