Regional Coaches and onboard features
If you are travelling on regional services, part or all of your journey may be on board a luxury coach.
NSW TrainLink Coaches travel to Bourke, Brewarrina, Lightning Ridge, Broken Hill, Parkes, Mudgee, Coonabarabran, Oberon, Eden, Bombala, Jindabyne, Tumbarumba, Tenterfield, Inverell, Burren Junction, Mildura, Echuca, Griffith, Surfers Paradise, Port Macquarie, Tweed Heads and Byron Bay.
The highest standards of comfort and safety are required by the NSW TrainLink coach operators. Coaches must comply with applicable Australian Design Rules and have the following features:
- allocated seating
- air conditioning / heating
- ample luggage space
- electronic destination boards
- first aid kit
- large windows
- lap sash seatbelts
- reclining seats with headrests
- two-way radio system and mobile phone communications
Coaches are fitted with toilets except on the following short distance services:
- Oberon – Mt Victoria – Oberon
- Condobolin – Parkes – Condobolin
- Tumbarumba – Cootamundra / Wagga Wagga – Tumbarumba
- Brewarrina - Coolabah – Brewarrina
- Bundanoon – Moss Vale – Wollongong – Bundanoon
- Port Macquarie – Wauchope – Port Macquarie
For easy access, large coaches are equipped with "kneeling" device which reduces the height customers need to step up onto the coach. Yellow handrails and yellow edge markings on steps are appropriately painted to assist the sight impaired.
There are two wheelchair spaces on large coaches and one wheelchair space on the mini bus.