Country Classic Race Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. Rosehill Station is around 3 minutes’ walk from the main entrance.
A shuttle train service will run every 30 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill between 09:20 and 20:00.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 24 November and 02:00 Monday 26 November and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: On Saturday, from 08:00 until 22:00 buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central. From 22:00 to 09:20 Sunday, buses replace trains between Hurstville and Central.
- South Coast line: Buses replace trains between Waterfall and Central.
To note: As of Sunday 30 September, the Epping to Chatswood rail line has temporarily closed for upgrades for around 7 months before Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in 2019. The new high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner
A free shuttle bus (marked Races) will run from:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse via Parramatta Wharf every 30 minutes from 10:00 until 13:30.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A, Everton Road, Strathfield Station approximately every 30 minutes from 10:00 until 13:00.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 15:30 to Parramatta and Strathfield until 18:00.
The closest ferry wharf to the racecourse is Parramatta. You can change for a free shuttle bus marked 'Races' to the racecourse that will run to meet each ferry.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Due to low tide some ferry services to and from Parramatta wharf may be replaced by buses. Check the low tide ferry bus replacement calendar
Note: As of Sunday 30 September, the Epping to Chatswood rail line has temporarily closed for upgrades for around 7 months before Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in 2019. The new high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located in Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).