The Drop Festival
Keirle Park, Manly
- Event start
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The best stations for connections to Keirle Park are Chatswood, North Sydney and Wynyard. Change for a bus service running towards Manly.
Trackwork is taking place between 02:00 Saturday 23 March and 02:00 Monday 25 March and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: From 21:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and North Sydney or Wynyard. Trains start and end at North Sydney. If you are travelling to stations Roseville to Hornsby, please change at Wynyard for a bus. The last train to Central leaves Hornsby at 21:12, North Sydney at 21:49 and arrives Central at 22:02. The last train to Hornsby leaves Central at 21:15, North Sydney at 21:28 and arrives Hornsby at 22:06. Then from 23:30, buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard.
- T1 Northern Line: From 21:25, trains start and end at Central or North Sydney. From 23:30, trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and Central via Strathfield.
- T1 Western Line: From 21:20, trains start and end at North Sydney. Some trains run around the City Circle. From 23:30, Penrith trains run to a changed timetable between Penrith and the City Circle, from Central first stop Museum.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Homebush trains run between the City and Homebush, then continue to Olympic Park.
- T7 Olympic Park Line: Trains will not run between Lidcombe and Olympic Park. Change at Strathfield for trains to Olympic Park.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of the Sydney Metro Northwest services begin in May 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Event shuttle buses will be running for the event from the following locations:
- Manly Wharf – Stand E Belgrave St at Gilbert Park Stop – buses run every 5 minutes from 14:30 until 19:00 and return services run every 5 minutes from 20:30.
- Warringah Mall – Stand A Pittwater Road – buses run every 10 minutes between 14:30 until 19:00, and return services run every 5 minutes from 20:30.
- North Sydney Station – St Leonards Station – Big Bear Shopping Centre (Neutral Bay) and the Spit (West car park) – buses run every 15 minutes from 14:00 until 18:00 and return services run from 20:30.
- Gordon Station – St Ives (Mona vale Rd at Link Rd Stop) – Frenchs Forest (bus stop on Forest Way corner of Rabbett St) - buses run every 15 minutes from 14:30 until 19:00, and return services run from 20:30.
For more information and to purchase your bus ticket visit The Drop – Manly.
Alternatively, Plenty of Sydney Buses and Forest Coachline buses run frequently on Saturdays and stop at or near Keirle Park including Routes 146, 159, 169 and 199.
B-Line services stop at Warringah Mall where you can connect with bus services to the event site. Alternatively, the Manly Vale B Line stop on Condamine St is approximately a 25 minute walk to the event site.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F1 Manly service. From Manly wharf you can connect with event shuttle buses to the festival.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for a North Shore Line train to St Leonards to catch an event shuttle bus to the festival.
Traffic is expected to be busy on roads approaching Keirle Park including Pittwater Road, Kenneth Road and Balgowlah Road.
A drop off and pick up zone will be available on the day, for further information visit Drop Festival – Manly.
Limited parking is available at;
- Stella Marist College Seniors Campus – 270 Pittwater Rd, Manly
- Stella Marist College Main Campus – 52 Eurobin Ave, Manly
- St Pauls Catholic College – Darly Rd, Manly - from this location walk to Manly Wharf and connect with a shuttle bus to the event.
Attendees are encouraged to consider public transport options.
Accessible transport options can be found in the Trip Planner by selecting "accessible services only" in the options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or view our accessibility apps (select the "Accessibility" filter).