NRL: Dragons v Sea Eagles
WIN Stadium, Wollongong, NSW
- Gates open
- Preliminary game kick-off
- NRL kick-off
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest station to WIN Stadium is Wollongong on the South Coast Line. The stadium is approximately a 15 minute walk from the station via Burelli Street. Alternatively, you can catch the free Gong Shuttle from Crown Street which stops near the stadium.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Friday 19 April until 02:00 Tuesday 23 April and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. T1 Western Line Trains run to a changed timetable between Schofields and Olympic Park.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses will replace trains between Bondi Junction and Central. T4 Illawarra Line trains start and end at North Sydney. South Coast Line trains run between South Coast Stations and the City Circle, from Central fist stop Town Hall.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
Free event buses between Wollongong Station and the Stadium will be run from around 5:30pm to meet incoming trains to Wollongong Station. The bus stops at Wollongong Station and will make its way down Burelli St to the stadium. After the game the bus service will return back to the Station for an hour after fulltime.
Alternatively, regular bus routes stop within walking distance of WIN Stadium including routes 3, 8, 10, 11, 31, 33, 34, 35, 37, 39, 90 and 92.
You can also catch a 'Free Gong Shuttle' (routes 55A and 55C) that operates every 20 minutes between 08:00 and 18:00 on Saturdays. The shuttle runs in both directions on a loop from Wollongong Station to Wollongong University via Wollongong Hospital, Burelli Street and the Innovation Campus. Visit Premier Illawarra - Free Gong Shuttle for bus times and maps of bus stop locations.
Traffic may be heavier than normal on roads approaching Wollongong CBD and on local roads around WIN Stadium so allow for additional travel time.
Local roads around the stadium may close to help crowds move safely around the area.
Pick up and drop off locations are available at:
- Burelli Street between Corrimal and Harbour Street (eastbound)
- Crown Street between Harbour Street and Marine Drive (westbound)
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited parking is available within close proximity to WIN Stadium including:
- WIN Stadium Car Park (opposite the Sage Hotel) – pay and display & special event parking rates apply
- Stewart Street Multi Story
- Stewart Street East – special event parking rates apply
- Salvation Army Carpark (Stewart Street)
- St Francis Xavier Cathedral
- Woolworths Car Park, Burelli Street
- Market Street
- David Jones Car Park
- Wollongong Central (GPT)
- Crown Central (North & South)
- Wollongong Station Car Park
A drop off zone will also be available on Burelli Street between Harbour and Corrimal Street.
For more information visit WIN Stadium – Getting to the Venue
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).