Sydney Family Show 2019
Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park
- Start daily
- Finish daily
Important event information
The Moore Park precinct will be busy during the Sydney Family Show with a number of other events also taking place nearby:
- The Championships at Royal Randwick on Saturday 13
- Super Rugby at the SCG on Saturday 20 April
- Stakes Day Races at Royal Randwick Racecourse on Saturday 20 April
- NRL at the SCG on Thursday 25 April
- AFL at the SCG on Saturday 27 April.
Car parks in the area are expected to fill early on these days and traffic will be heavy, attendees are encouraged to leave the car at home and catch public transport.
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
The closest station to Moore Park is Central. From there head to Eddy Ave for bus services towards Moore Park making stops along Anzac Parade. Alternatively, you can also walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. See our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 233KB) to help find your way.
Trackwork is taking place throughout the event and may affect how you travel:
Weekdays - evening trackwork
- City Circle Line from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall each evening from 21:30 until 01:00. T2 Inner West & Leppington Line trains from the City start at Central. T8 Airport & South Line trains to the City end at Central.
- Blue Mountains Line from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April: Buses will replace trains between Katoomba and Penrith each evening from 22:20 until 23:50. From 22:05 until 01:00, buses replace trains between Penrith and Katoomba.
- T6 Carlingford Line: On Monday 15 April from 23:30 until 01:30, buses replace trains between Clyde and Carlingford.
Weekend - from 02:00 Saturday 13 April until 02:00 Monday 15 April
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses will replace trains between Cronulla and Sutherland.
Easter Long Weekend 19-22 April - from 02:00 Friday 19 April until 02:00 Tuesday 23 April
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses will replace trains between Richmond and Schofields. T1 Western Line Trains run to a changed timetable between Schofields and Olympic Park.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: On Saturday 19 April from 05:00 until 09:00, Homebush trains run between Ashfield and the City only.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses will replace trains between Bondi Junction and Central. T4 Illawarra Line trains start and end at North Sydney.
Weekend - from 06:30 until 10:30 Saturday 27 April
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Bankstown and Sydenham.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network and may affect how you travel. For the latest information, check trackwork service updates or use the Trip Planner.
To note: the Epping to Chatswood rail line has been temporarily closed for upgrades ahead of Sydney Metro North West services starting in mid 2019. The high-frequency bus service, Station Link, replaces trains between Epping and Chatswood. For more information on Station Link, visit transportnsw.info.
A number of regular bus services stop along Anzac Parade near the precinct including routes 339, 355, 372, 373, 374, 376, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 397 and 399.
Anzac Pde bus stop access changes: If you're catching the bus home from Anzac Parade, from 12 November there are changes to the way you access bus stops as the pedestrian crossing on the Moore Park Busway connecting Anzac Pde with MacArthur Ave is closed. To get to Anzac Pde bus stops for services towards Coogee and Maroubra, use the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway to cross the Busway instead and head down the Anzac Pde footpath to the bus stop.
See the Anzac Pde Moore Park busway walking route map (pdf 164KB) for more details.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for a bus service to Moore Park. For maps and service frequencies see Light rail service information
Roads around Moore Park precinct are expected to be busy during the event. If you are planning on driving, allow additional travel time.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
Limited parking will be available at The Entertainment Quarter, entry via Lang Road and Errol Flynn Boulevard.
Please note the EQ car park will be in particularly high demand on event days.
Special Event Clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas on the following days for events in the precinct:
- Saturday 13 April from 4am to 7pm for the races at Royal Randwick
- Saturday 20 April from 3pm to 11pm for the Super Rugby at the SCG and from 8am to 7pm for the Races at Royal Randwick
- Thursday 25 April from 1pm to 8pm for the NRL at the SCG
- Saturday 27 April from 3pm to midnight for the AFL at the SCG
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).