The Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
- Pre-event registrations open
- 10km run start
- 5km run start
- 3km walk start
- 1km Junior Dash start
- Little Heroes Fun Run start
- Event finish
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains, which can quickly take you between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station on the North West Line. Change at Chatswood to connect with train services towards Martin Place or St James.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
On Sunday to Wednesday nights from 26 May until late 2019, will run every 10 minutes in both directions while Sydney Metro grows to full operations. The first North West Night Bus service departs Tallawong at 9.25pm and Chatswood at 10.10pm. Services will run both all-stops routes and limited stops routes.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services. You will need to use your Opal card on North West Night Bus services.
The closest stations to the start line in The Domain are Martin Place and St James which are both within short walking distance.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 1 June until 02:00 Monday 3 June and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: Until 2pm each day, some trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- T1 Western Line: Until 2pm each day, some trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Leppington only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Until 2pm each day, buses replace Homebush trains between Strathfield and Central. Leppington Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern, every 30 minutes. Trains will not stop at Ashfield.
- T9 Northern Line: Some trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- T8 Airport & South Line: On Sunday only from 06:20 until 10:30, buses replace the all-stations trains between Revesby and Wolli Creek. Express trains continue to run but will not stop at stations between Padstow and Turrella.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
A number of bus services run to the city stopping along Elizabeth Street and Macquarie Street which is a short walk to the start line in The Domain including routes 304, 333, 339, 343, 374, 377, 394, 396, 397, 399, 507, 515, 518, 520, L94 and M52.
Due to road closures along Art Gallery Rd for the event, route 441 will be terminating and commencing from QVB.
Sydney Ferries are a great way to get around the city but services can be popular and may reach capacity, particularly on weekends.
Circular Quay is the closest wharf to the start line and is around a 10 minute walk.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for train services to Martin Place to get to the start line.
Due to the closure of Art Gallery Rd and Mrs Macquaries Rd, no access or parking will be permitted until roads have opened at 11am. Participants are encouraged to consider the public transport options.
Alternatively limited parking is available at:
- Cook & Phillip car park, entry via Cathedral Street from 7am
- Domain car park, entry via St Mary's Road from 5am
- Hospital Road
If you are planning on parking at these locations consider the car park opening times.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).