AFL: Sydney Swans v Geelong Cats
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
- Gates open
- First bounce
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Epping to connect with train services towards Central.
On Sunday to Wednesday nights until late 2019, the late night North West Night Bus service will run frequent all-stops and limited stops services from Tallawong at 9.25pm and from Chatswood at 10.10pm while Sydney Metro grows to full operations.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services. You will need to use your Opal card on North West Night Bus services.
The closest station to the Sydney Cricket Ground is Central.
If you're coming from the North Shore Line, trains will terminate at Wynyard or North Sydney so you'll need to change for another train to Central to connect with shuttle buses.
Change at Central for a Moore Park shuttle bus or you can also walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. See our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 400KB) to help find your way.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 27 July until 02:00 Monday 29 July and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall. Buses replace trains from Circular Quay to Wynyard and Town Hall, in that direction only.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains run between Berowra and Wynyard only, and between Lindfield and North Sydney only. Trains from Wynyard run around the City Circle in one direction only, from Wynyard, first stop Circular Quay.
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains run between Penrith and Central only. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace trains between Ashfield and Central. Homebush trains will not run. Leppington trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and Ashfield only.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. Revesby trains run between Revesby and Central via the Airport. Macarthur trains towards the City run via Sydenham. Trains from the City Circle run to Macarthur via the Airport.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run between Hornsby and Central only.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Express Moore Park shuttle buses will run between Central Station, Circular Quay and Moore Park.
Route 1 Central – Moore Park
- To Moore Park from Eddy Ave at Central: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 12:50pm until 3:20pm.
- From Moore Park Bus Interchange to Central: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 5:20pm until 7:05pm.
Route 3 Circular Quay - Moore Park
- To Moore Park from Circular Quay: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 12:50pm until 3:10pm.
- From Moore Park Bus Interchange to Circular Quay: approximately every 10 to 15 minutes from 5:20pm until 7:05pm.
Alternatively, a number of regular bus services stop along Anzac Parade near the precinct including routes 339, 372, 373, 374, 376, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 397 and 399.
To help you get home additional services will be running:
- Route 373 - Sydney Boys High to Coogee Beach at 18:05 and 18:16
- Route 394 - Sydney Boys High to Maroubra Junction at 18:00, 18:15 and 18:30
Anzac Pde bus stop access changes: To get to Anzac Pde bus stops for services towards Coogee and Maroubra, use the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway to cross the Busway instead and head down the Anzac Pde footpath to the bus stop. See the Anzac Pde Moore Park busway walking route map (pdf 164KB) for more details.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central for shuttle buses to Moore Park or consider walking instead.
Parts of Driver Avenue will be closed to traffic before, during and after the match and will reopen once crowds have left the area.
Traffic changes for CBD and South East Light Rail construction may affect how you travel. Plan ahead and allow extra time when travelling in the South East.
Parking & clearways
Limited parking will be available at:
- The Entertainment Quarter, entry via Lang Road and Errol Flynn Boulevard.
- Members Parking in EP2 – Gold and Platinum SCG members parking is located in the lower deck of the EP2 Kippax Park car park only due to the closure of the MP1 car park. Space is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis. Members will need to display their membership card to receive the members rate.
- EP2 – Kippax Park, entry via northern end of Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road.
- EP3 – Showground Car Park, entry via southern end of Driver Avenue, from Lang Road.
- Sydney Boys High School and Sydney Girls High School entry via Cleveland St - fees apply.
Note: Pedestrian access to the Sydney Boys & Girls High School car parks is available via the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter walkway bridge or via the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the bridge and continuing along the Anzac Pde footpath to cross the road at MacArthur Ave.
Each car park has spaces for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Mobility Parking permit holders.
Note: EP2 and EP3 carparks are cashless. For more information visit Sydney Cricket Ground - Parking.
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas on Sunday 28 July from 1pm until 7pm.
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies. Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).