Royal Randwick Race Day
Royal Randwick Racecourse, Randwick
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have an American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card which displays the contactless payment symbol, or linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and off at Opal card readers on trains, light rail and Sydney Ferries. Keep in mind if you’re travelling by bus you still need to use an Opal card. Standard (peak) Adult Opal fare pricing applies. If you consistently use the same contactless card or linked device to tap on and tap off, you may qualify for Opal daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps but no other Opal benefits apply.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Event goers will need to change at Epping instead of Chatswood to connect with trains to Central due to T1 North Shore Line trackwork between Gordon and North Sydney or Wynyard.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Royal Randwick Racecourse is Central. Many regular Sydney Bus services run from Eddy Avenue to Randwick with stops near the racecourse.
If you’re travelling from the North Shore allow extra travel time as trackwork is taking place with buses replacing trains between Gordon and North Sydney or Wynyard. Event attendees can catch a rail replacement bus to Wynyard or North Sydney to connect with trains to Central.
On the return trip, event goers heading back to upper North Shore stations between Gordon and Chatswood should head to Wynyard to catch a rail replacement bus. Event goers heading back to lower North Shore stations between Chatswood and Waverton can catch the train to North Sydney to change for a rail replacement bus to continue their trip.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 20 July until 02:00 Monday 22 July and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 North Shore Line: Buses replace trains between Gordon and North Sydney or Wynyard. Buses to stations between Gordon and Chatswood run to and from Wynyard only. Buses between Chatswood and Waverton run to and from North Sydney only.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central. Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Cronulla and Sydenham, Waterfall and Hurstville, and Central and Bondi Junction.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Some trains run to a changed timetable.
- T9 Northern Line: Some trains run to a changed timetable between Berowra or Hornsby and North Sydney via Strathfield.
- South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Waterfall and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between South Coast Line stations and Waterfall stations.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Plenty of regular bus services run from Eddy Avenue at Central and make stops along Alison Rd near the Racecourse including routes 339, 373, 374, 377 and M50.
To get you home, free special event buses (Route 32) will run from Royal Randwick Racecourse back to Central from 4pm until 6pm.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. From Central you can change for a bus service to Randwick.
Taxis may enter and exit the Royal Randwick Racecourse via Oaks Drive (entry off Ascot Street from the Doncaster Avenue roundabout). Taxis are not allowed to stop on Alison Road.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited car parking may be available at the infield car park and entry is off High Street. Members Private Reserved Parking is off the Abbottsford entry. Members Reserved Parking in the Infield is on the Eastern side of the road. Patrons must display their “members car park permit” at all times.
Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).