Rosehill Gardens Race Day
Rosehill Gardens, Rosehill
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled debit or credit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on metro, train, light rail and ferry services, and coming soon to bus services, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning until late. Change at Epping for trains towards Rosehill.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Rosehill Gardens is Rosehill on the T6 Carlingford Line. The station is around 3 minutes walk from the racecourse main entrance.
Trains will run every 30 minutes between Clyde and Rosehill from 9:30am until 7:50pm.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 31 August until 02:00 Monday 2 September and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line: Some trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line and T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Leppington and Liverpool.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Some trains may run to a changed timetable.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line and South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Central and Bondi Junction.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Buses replace trains between Macarthur and East Hills.
- Southern Highlands Line: Buses replace trains between Goulburn, Moss Vale and Campbelltown.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
A free shuttle bus marked ‘Races’ will run between Parramatta, Strathfield and Rosehill Gardens racecourse:
- From Parramatta: services leave from Smith Street (across from Arthur Phillip High School) near Parramatta Station to the racecourse every half an hour from 10am until 1.30pm the bus will go via Rydalmere Wharf every hour, approx. 15 minutes past the hour.
- From Strathfield: services leave from Stand A on Everton Road at Strathfield Station to the racecourse hourly from 10am until 1pm.
Return services leave from the P3 car park bus stop on James Ruse Drive every 30 minutes from 3:30pm to Parramatta and from 4pm to Strathfield. Services run until 6pm.
Sydney Ferries services are very popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip ahead and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
Parramatta Wharf is closed for upgrades from Tuesday 30 April for about six months, weather and conditions permitting.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. Change at Central to connect with trains towards Rosehill.
The widened M4 between Parramatta and Homebush and the new M4 Tunnels between Homebush and Haberfield allows motorists to bypass more than 50 sets of traffic lights on Parramatta Road. A distance-based toll applies. For details on the M4 upgrades, visit westconnex.com.au.
Drop off: taxis enter Rosehill Gardens Racecourse through the Grand Avenue gates but are not permitted to stop on James Ruse Drive or Grand Avenue.
Pick up: taxis are located on Oak Street over the Equine Bridge located at the Might and Power entry.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited free parking is available in:
- P4 and P5 car parks located on James Ruse Drive and Prospect Street.
- P6 Infield car park via Gate 2 on Unwin Street.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).