Royal Randwick Race Day
Royal Randwick Racecourse, Randwick
- Gates open
- First race
- Last race
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled debit or credit card or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on metro, train, light rail and ferry services, and coming soon to bus services, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Chatswood to connect with train services towards Central.
Last services from Chatswood to Tallawong leave at 12.45am on Thursday nights and at 1.45am on Friday and Saturday nights.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to Royal Randwick Racecourse is Central. Many regular Sydney Bus services run from Eddy Avenue to Randwick making stops near the racecourse.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 24 August until 02:00 Monday 26 August and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle Line: Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Museum. Buses replace trains from Town Hall to Wynyard and Circular Quay, in that direction only.
- T1 Western Line: Buses replace trains between St Marys and Granville and between Richmond and Granville. From 23:30 Saturday until 06:30 Sunday, buses also replace trains between Parramatta, Granville and Strathfield.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains run between Berowra and Wynyard only.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. From 23:30 Saturday until 06:30, some trains run between Leppington and Lidcombe, then Olympic Park and between Ashfield and the City.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Richmond and Granville.
- T6 Carlingford Line: Buses replace trains between Carlingford and Clyde.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run from Macarthur or Revesby to the City via the Airport, in that direction only. Trains from the City to Revesby or Macarthur run via Sydenham. Buses replace trains in one direction only from Central to Green Square and Mascot, and from Green Square to Wolli Creek, continuing to Sydenham.
- T9 Northern Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Hornsby and Central.
- Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Penrith and Central. Trains between Bathurst and Central run to a changed timetable.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
Plenty of regular bus services run from near Central and make stops along Alison Rd near the Racecourse including routes 372, 376, 339, 374 and M50.
To get you home, free special event buses (Route 32) will run from Royal Randwick Racecourse back to Central from 4:35pm until 6:35pm.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations. From Central you can change for a bus service to Randwick.
Taxis may enter and exit the Royal Randwick Racecourse via Oaks Drive (entry off Ascot Street from the Doncaster Avenue roundabout). Taxis are not allowed to stop on Alison Road.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Limited car parking may be available at the infield car park and entry is off High Street. Members Private Reserved Parking is off the Abbottsford entry. Members Reserved Parking in the Infield is on the Eastern side of the road. Patrons must display their “members car park permit” at all times.
Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).