A-League: Sydney FC v Wellington Phoenix
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield
- Gates open
Valid pre-purchased tickets to Sydney FC games include travel to and from Leichhardt Oval in Lilyfield on the following public transport services:
- Sydney Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
- Sydney Metro services
- Regular bus services
- Sydney Ferries and Newcastle Ferries
- Sydney and Newcastle Light rail services
Remember to keep your event ticket safe for your return journey or you’ll need to use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Your event ticket is valid on public transport until 4am the following day.
Note: an additional train station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. Your event ticket travel entitlements does not include the access fee.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Epping or Chatswood to connect with train services towards Central.
On Sunday to Wednesday nights until late 2019, the late night North West Night Bus service will run frequent all-stops and limited stops services from Tallawong at 9.25pm and from Chatswood at 10.10pm while Sydney Metro grows to full operations.
The best station for connections to Leichhardt Oval is Central.
Change at Central for a Light rail service to Leichhardt North or bus route 440 from Railway Square.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 19 October until 02:00 Monday 21 October and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central. Trains run between Liverpool and Sydenham or Bankstown and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable. Buses also replace trains between Lidcombe and Bankstown.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Cronulla and Sydenham, Waterfall and Hurstville, and Central and Bondi Junction.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern.
- South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Waterfall and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel to and from events. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or use the Trip Planner.
The closest light rail stop to Leichhardt Oval is Leichhardt North which is less than a 1km walk away via Mary St. Services run every 10 to 15 minutes on weekends.
Light rail services run between Central Station and Dulwich Hill with stops at popular CBD and Inner West destinations.
There are no designated taxi ranks available at Leichhardt Oval. The best location for drop off is Mary Street and for pick up is Perry Street.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit NSW Taxi Council.
Parking in streets surrounding the stadium is very limited. Fans are encouraged to leave the car at home and catch public transport. If you have to drive, allow plenty of extra travel time and plan to arrive early.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).