Bitter and Twisted Boutique Beer Festival
Maitland Gaol, East Maitland
- Saturday and Sunday start
- Saturday end
- Sunday end
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport in the Opal network, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
The closest station to Maitland Showground is Maitland on the NSW TrainLink Hunter Line.
To help you get to the festival, limited stop services will be running throughout the day:
Special event trains will run from:
- From Newcastle Interchange: Additional services will leave 09:30, 10:30, and 11:25 stopping all stations to Maitland.
- From Dungog/Scone: Additional services will leave at at 06:38, 07:49 and 15:33 towards Newcastle Interchange, making additional stops at East Maitland Station.
Additional services will run back to Newcastle Interchange to help you get home:
- To Newcastle Interchange: Additional services will leave Maitland Station at 15:30, 17:40 and 18:20.
- To Dunggog/Scone: Additional services will leave Newcastle Interchange at 13:11, 17:29 and 17:52 stopping at East Maitland Station.
Last service to Gosford departs Newcastle Interchange at 23:40.
Trackwork is taking place from 02:00 Saturday 2 until 02:00 Monday 4 November and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- Metro North West Line: Buses replace Metro services between Tallawong and Chatswood.
- T1 North Shore Line: Trains run between North Shore Line stations and the City, then continue to Olympic Park.
- T1 Western Line: Buses replace trains between Parramatta and Olympic Park. Trains run to a changed timetable between Olympic Park and the City, and between Penrith, Richmond and Parramatta, continuing to Leppington.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace trains between Merrylands and Olympic Park via Granville. On Saturday only, from 22:35 until 04:15, buses replace trains between Cabramatta and Olympic Park.
- T3 Bankstown Line: On Saturday only, from 22:35 until 04:15, trains between the City and Liverpool continue to Liverpool to a changed timetable, stopping all stations between Leppington and Liverpool.
- T6 Carlingford Line: Buses replace trains between Carlingford and Clyde, then continue to Olympic Park.
- Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Blacktown and Central.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead.
Heavy traffic and delays are expected on roads approaching Maitland, including High Street, Cessnock Road and the New England Highway. Festivalgoers are encouraged to catch public transport instead or allow plenty of extra travel time if you have to drive.
The best location for pick up and drop off is Maitland Station.
Local road closures and changed traffic conditions will be in place for the festival.
Taxi pick-up area is at Maitland train station. The drop off area for taxis only is on Cultivation Road at the GTM car park.
Maitland taxis operates services in the area, visit Maitland Taxis for more information or call (02) 4933 7333.
Limited paid parking will be available at Maitland Lions Club off Cultivation Road in East Maitland from 9am to 11:30pm.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).