Big Bash League: Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
- Gates open
- BBL match starts
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start running from the early morning. Change at Epping to connect with train services towards Central.
You can use your Opal card or accepted contactless payment method on Sydney Metro services.
The closest station to the SCG is Central. Change for a light rail service to Moore Park leaving from Chalmers Street.
Alternatively you can also walk to Moore Park via Foveaux Street or Devonshire Street and the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter Walkway. See our Moore Park walking route map (pdf 233KB) to help find your way.
Trackwork is taking place on the Wednesday 18 December and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle: From 21:30 until 01:30, trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line and T8 Airport & South Line: From 21:30 until 01:00, some trains from the City start at Central.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: From 21:45 until 01:30 trains will not stop at Wolli Creek. Buses run between Wolli Creek and Sydenham, and between Wolli Creek and Arncliffe.
- South Coast Line: From 22:30 until 01:30 trains will not stop at Wolli Creek.
L1 Dulwich Hill light rail services run between Central Station (Grand Concourse) and Dulwich Hill. The new L2 Randwick Line services run between Central Station (Chalmers Street) and Randwick. Services run frequently on weekdays and weekends.
Catch a light rail service to Moore Park leaving from Central Chalmers Street or Randwick High Street.
Parts of Driver Avenue will be closed to traffic before, during and after the match and will reopen once crowds have left the area.
Trams are running between the CBD and South East so pedestrians are reminded to exercise caution around the tram tracks and cross at designated pedestrian crossings.
Limited parking will be available at:
- Members Parking in EP2 – Gold and Platinum SCG members parking is located in the lower deck of the EP2 Kippax Park car park only due to the closure of the MP1 car park. Space is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis. Members will need to display their membership card to receive the members rate.
- EP2 – Kippax Park, entry via northern end of Driver Avenue from Moore Park Road.
- EP3 – Showground Car Park, entry via southern end of Driver Avenue, from Lang Road.
- Sydney Boys High School and Sydney Girls High School entry via Cleveland St - fees apply.
- Note: Pedestrian access to the Sydney Boys & Girls High School car parks is available via the Albert 'Tibby' Cotter walkway bridge or via the pathway (Gregory Ave) underneath the bridge and continuing along the Anzac Pde footpath to cross the road at MacArthur Ave.
Each car park has spaces for Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Mobility Parking permit holders.
Note: EP2 and EP3 carparks are cashless. For more information visit Sydney Cricket Ground - Parking
Special event clearways
Special event clearways will be in place on roads in Moore Park and surrounding areas from 3pm to Midnight on Wednesday 18 December.
Clearways are strict no-parking zones, and apply even to local residents or RMS Mobility Scheme Permit holders. Check signs before parking as vehicles left in special event clearways will be towed and a towing fee applies.
Visit Live Traffic NSW to see the locations of special event clearways.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).