The Coal Loader Sustainable Christmas Market
The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability, Waverton
Important travel advice
Attendees are encouraged to plan their trip and consider all the available travel options ahead of time.
Please note planned weekend trackwork on the T1 North Shore Line will affect your trip with buses replacing trains between Hornsby and Wynyard. Catch replacement buses to Waverton to get within walking distance of the event site.
Remember, you'll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device when travelling on public transport to and from the event. Register your details online at Opal or via the Opal Travel app ahead of time.
Traffic may be heavier than usual and parking is limited so attendees are encouraged to leave the car at home. If you have to drive, travel with your group and plan to arrive early to secure a parking space. If you are catching taxis or rideshare, a drop-off/pick-up location will be available on Waterhen Drive.
You can find real-time updates on traffic conditions at livetraffic.com..
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport services including metro, trains, buses ferries and light rail, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Due to planned maintenance all Metro services between Tallawong and Chatswood will be replaced by buses.
Please note weekend trackwork will also affect T1 North Shore Line services between Hornsby and Wynyard.
Catch replacement buses to Chatswood for a replacement bus to Waverton.
The closest station to the event is Waverton on the T1 North Shore Line, however due to planned weekend trackwork buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard.
Allow extra travel time as you’ll need to change for buses to Waverton then continue on foot to the event site. Plan ahead using the Trip Planner:
Weekend trackwork is taking place from 2am Saturday 2 December to 2am Monday 4 December on the following lines and may affect how you travel to and from the event. Plan ahead using the Trip Planner:
- Metro North West: Buses replace metro between Tallawong and Chatswood. Buses also replace T1 North Shore Line trains between Hornsby and Wynyard, change at Epping for trains to Central or Hornsby.
- City Circle: Trains will not run on the City Circle, or between Central and Wynyard. For travel around the City use the light rail between Central and Circular Quay, or local bus services. T4 Eastern Suburbs Line trains continue to run between Central and Bondi Junction, stopping at Town Hall, Martin Place and Kings Cross.
- T1 North Shore Line: Buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard. T9 Northern Line trains run between Berowra or Hornsby and Central. Trains will not run between Wynyard and Central, or on the City Circle. Buses also replace metro services between Chatswood and Tallawong.
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains start and end at Central, platforms 1-12, making extra stops at Flemington, Homebush and Burwood. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only, change trains at Parramatta to continue your journey towards the City. Trackwork on the T1 North Shore Line and City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace Inner West Line trains between Strathfield and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and Olympic Park only. Change trains at Lidcombe to continue your journey towards Central. T1 Western Line Penrith trains make extra stops at Flemington, Homebush and Burwood. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable. T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line trains run between Sydenham and Bondi Junction, with some making extra stops at St Peters and Erskineville. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: All Cronulla and some Waterfall trains make extra stops at St Peters and Erskineville. Daily from 8am to 8pm, extra trains run between Hurstville and Bondi Junction. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Early morning and late-night trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only. Change at Granville to continue your journey. Trains between Schofields and Liverpool continue to run to the normal timetable.
- T7 Olympic Park Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Olympic Park and Lidcombe, continuing to Richmond or Leppington.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. You may need to change trains to continue your journey. Revesby trains run between Revesby and Central via the Airport. Most Macarthur trains run between Macarthur and Sydenham only. Change trains at Revesby if you are travelling to Airport stations. T4 Illawarra Line trains run between Sydenham and the City. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T9 Northern Line: From 10.50pm Friday, trains run between Hornsby and Central, platforms 1-12. Saturday and Sunday, trains run between Berowra or Hornsby and Central, platforms 1-12, some to a changed timetable. Trackwork on the Metro North West, T1 North Shore and City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- Blue Mountains Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- South Coast Line: From 3pm Friday, buses replace trains between Bomaderry, Kiama and Wollongong. Trains run between Port Kembla, Wollongong and Bondi Junction, to the normal timetable. Buses do not run to the train timetable. If you are connecting with trains at Wollongong you may need to catch an earlier bus to ensure you meet your train connection.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. For train service disruption information, check trackwork and travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Sydney Ferry services are popular and may reach capacity, especially on weekends. Keep this in mind if you are catching a ferry service or consider other transport options available.
From Milsons Point Wharf, you can connect with T1 North Shore Line trains to Waverton from Milsons Point Station.
L1 Dulwich Hill Line
L1 Dulwich Hill light rail services run between Central Grand Concourse and Dulwich Hill via Darling Harbour from 6am to 11pm daily, and until midnight on Fridays, plan your trip using Trip Planner.
Change at Central for trains to Wynyard to connect with a replacement bus to Waverton.
L2 Randwick and L3 Kingsford Lines
L2 Randwick light rail services run between Circular Quay and Randwick via Central Station (Chalmers Street) and L3 Kingsford line services run between Circular Quay and Juniors Kingsford via Central Station (Chalmers Street). Services run regularly from 5am to 1am daily, plan your trip using Trip Planner.
Change at Wynyard for a replacement bus to Waverton to get within short walking distance of the event.
Roads are expected to be busy and parking will be limited around Waverton during the event so attendees are encouraged to leave the car at home. If you have to drive, travel with your group and plan to arrive early to secure a parking space.
Parking is limited so try and leave the car at home. For those who need to drive, there are free parking spaces between Waverton Station and the venue, and limited ambulant spaces directly opposite the main entry on Balls Head Drive.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can check 'accessible services only' in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (check the 'Accessibility' filter).