Employee Opal Cards are changing
Current Employee Opal card holder?
All Employee Opal cards will be expiring over the coming months and card holders will be provided with a replacement card. We are asking all current card holders to update their personal details so replacement cards can be sent directly to their specified address.
We will be rolling out the new Employee Opal cards. If your grey card expires before you have received your replacement blue card, please use the grey card as a flash pass in the interim when travelling.
Please update your details through the secure online form.
You only have to do this once, unless your details have changed since the last update.
- All Employee Opal cards will be expiring over the coming months.
- Replacement cards have begun rolling out.
- Card holders will be provided with a blue replacement card, with the exception of NSW Police who will receive a grey Employee Opal replacement card.
- The replacement cards will be valid for two years. If you work for NSW Police, cards will be valid for three years.
- The entitlements of your Employee Opal card remain the same.
What you need to do:
- Make sure you update your details online to ensure you receive your new card.
- If you have not received your new card by early September, please contact the Concessions team online at transportnsw.info/contact-us/feedback/fares-concessions-tickets-feedback
- When you receive your new blue Employee Opal card, it is important to tap on and tap off at an Opal card reader at train stations, light rail stops, on buses or at ferry wharves.
For more information, download the Frequently Asked Questions (docx 911KB)