Employee Opal Cards are changing
Current Employee Opal card holder?
A new blue Employee Opal card has replaced the grey Employee card as of June 2021. Most employees have received their new blue Employee Opal card and the replacement card program is almost finished.
On November 30, 2021, the interim flash pass arrangement came to an end. Employees will no longer be able to use their old grey Employee Opal card. All eligible employees must now have a valid blue Employee Opal card when travelling.
If you have not yet received your blue Employee Opal card, you will need to confirm or update their personal details (address, email and mobile number). If you do not confirm or update your details, your current card will expire and you will have to apply for a new card.
If you have completed the online form and have not received your new card, please contact the Concessions team via the feedback form. The team will be able to chase up your application and make sure it is processed as quickly as possible.
If your spouse or partner is eligible to an Employee Opal card, they must confirm their information for a valid replacement card. Spouses or partners must register their card as a separate registration with a unique email address through our online form.
- You only need to update your details once. Please note, it may take three (3) or more weeks for your replacement Opal card to arrive.
- Please be assured that the latest information is captured in our new database.
- For security reasons, your original contact details will continue to be called up each time you input your Opal card number when using our online form.
- From 1 December 2021, grey Employee Cards will no longer be valid for travel (except for NSW Police).
- The new blue Employee Opal card has replaced the grey Employee Opal card as of June 2021.
- The replacement cards will be valid for two years. If you work for NSW Police, cards will be valid for three years.
- The entitlements of your Employee Opal card remain the same.
What you need to do:
- Make sure you confirm or update your details online as soon as possible to ensure you receive your new card. Please note, it may take three (3) or more weeks for your replacement Opal card to arrive.
- If you have completed the online form and have not received your new card, please contact the Concessions team via the feedback form
- When you receive your new blue Employee Opal card, it is important to tap on and tap off at an Opal card reader at train stations, light rail stops, on buses or at ferry wharves.
For more information, download the Frequently Asked Questions (docx 911KB)