Wings Over Illawarra 2021
Shellharbour Airport, Albion Park Rail
- Gates open
- Air show start daily
- Event finish
Important travel advice
Ticketholders are encouraged to plan their trip and consider all the available travel options ahead of time.
The closest station to Shellharbour Airport is Albion Park on the South Coast Line.
When catching public transport, plan ahead, allow extra time and sit or stand on the green dots. You can also check real-time capacity indicators when planning your trip or boarding services.
Remember it’s mandatory to wear a face mask when travelling on public transport, and you'll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device when travelling to and from the event. Register your details via the Opal website or app ahead of time.
No general admission parking will be available at the Airport during the event. Off-site parking areas will be available nearby with shuttle buses to get you to and from the event.
Heavy traffic is expected on approaches to Albion Park on the Princes Hwy in both directions as large crowds cross the road from the train station to the festival site at the airport. You can find real-time updates on traffic conditions at livetraffic.com.
Additional measures and staff will be in place around transport hubs and the event site to safely manage crowds arriving and leaving the event so please be patient, practise physical distancing while in queues and follow the directions of staff on site.
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Metro services start from the early morning running every 10 minutes until late. Change at Epping for trains to Central to connect with the South Coast line to Shellharbour Airport.
Plan ahead and check the capacity of your service. Learn more about .
The closest station to Shellharbour Airport is Albion Park on the South Coast Line.
Shellharbour Airport is opposite the station on the Princes Highway, special arrangements will be in place to assist the movement of pedestrians across the highway. Patrons should follow the direction of event staff on site.
Across the weekend all South Coast trains stopping at Albion Park between 8am and 6pm will be built up to 8 carriages. All services arriving and leaving Albion Park between 7.30am and 1.30pm will stop on platform 1.
To help you get home, additional services will leave Albion Park at 14:55, 15:50 and 16:50 stopping at Dapto, Unanderra, Coniston, Wollongong, North Wollongong, Thirroul, Helensburgh, Waterfall, Sutherland, Hurstville, Wolli Creek, Redfern, Central then all stations to Bondi Junction.
Plan ahead and check the capacity of your service. Learn more about
Trackwork is taking place from 2am Saturday 27 November to 2am Monday 29 November and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- T1 Western Line: Richmond trains start and end at Central, platforms 1-12 only. On Saturday from 6.30am until 10.30am, Penrith trains also start and end at Central, platforms 1-12.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace trains between Fairfield and Glenfield, then continue to Macarthur. Trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and the City via the T8 Airport & South Line, and between Fairfield and the City Circle via Granville.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Buses replace trains between Liverpool and Bankstown. Trains run to a changed timetable between Lidcombe and the City via Sydenham. Buses also replace trains between Macarthur and Fairfield. From 11pm Saturday until 5am Sunday, buses also replace trains between Sydenham and Central. Trains run between Lidcombe and Sydenham only.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Bondi Junction and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Waterfall or Cronulla and Central, then stop all stations to North Sydney. Trackwork buses do not leave from Martin Place Station. Bus services leave from nearby bus stops. From 11pm Saturday until 5am Sunday, buses replace trains between Sydenham and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Waterfall or Cronulla and Sydenham only. If you are travelling to the City from Illawarra Line stations please change at Wolli Creek for a T8 Airport & South Line train to City Circle stations.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Buses replace trains between Fairfield and Glenfield, then continue to Macarthur. Trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and the City via the T8 Airport & South Line and between Schofields and Olympic Park. Early morning and evening trains run between Richmond and Fairfield. On Sunday from 6.30am until 10.30am, trains run between Schofields and Strathfield.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Buses replace trains between Macarthur and Glenfield, then continue to Fairfield. Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern between Leppington and the City via the Airport.
- South Coast Line: Buses replace trains between Central and Bondi Junction.Trains run to a changed timetable between South Coast Line stations and the City Circle. On Saturday from 8am until 4pm, at Stanwell Park, trains towards Wollongong leave from platform 1, not platform 2. From 11pm Saturday until 5am Sunday, buses also replace trains between Sydenham and Central.Trains run to a changed timetable between South Coast Line stations and Hurstville only. Change at Hurstville for T4 Illawarra Line trains towards Sydenham. Change at Wolli Creek for direct trains to the City Circle via the Airport. On Sunday from 8am until 4pm, at Scarborough, Wombarra and Coledale, trains towards Wollongong leave from platform 1, not platform 2.
- Southern Highlands Line: Buses replace trains between Goulburn, Moss Vale and Campbelltown. Some buses also run between Moss Vale and Central. Buses also replace T8 Airport & South Line trains between Macarthur and Glenfield.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow plenty of extra travel time and plan ahead. For train service disruption information, check trackwork and travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Park & Ride shuttle buses
Free event shuttle buses will be running between dedicated event parking sites and the main airshow gates during the event.
- P1 car park - Albion Oval, access via Princes Highway and Ash Avenue
- P2 car park - Corner of Croome Road and Tongarra Road, access from Tongarra Road.
A parking fee of $5 per vehicle will be charged with all proceeds going to local community groups. For more information visit Wings over Illawarra – Getting There.
Regular route buses
Premier Illawarra operates regular weekend services in the Wollongong and Illawarra Region and make stops on Princes Highway including routes 37, 51, 57, and 76. See Premier Illawarra bus services for more details.
Plan ahead and check the capacity of your service. Learn more about COVID-19 safer travel guidance and service capacity information. For bus service disruption information, check travel alerts or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Traffic may be heavy along the Princes Hwy and the M1 Princes Mwy with changed traffic conditions in place approaching the Oak Flats Interchange. Motorists are advised to take care and allow extra travel time in the area over the weekend.
From 12pm to 4.30pm on Saturday and from 10am to 4.30pm on Sunday the former Illawarra Hwy (Croome Ln) and Hargraves Ave will be closed to traffic.
From 7am to 6pm each day, Tongarra Rd will be under stop/slow at Croome Rd and Ash Ave.
Please be reminded that there is no general parking is available at Shellharbour Airport. If you're driving to the show use the Air Show Park & Ride carparks at Ash Ave and Croome Rd, near Tongarra Rd just south of the airport where free shuttle buses will run to and from the Air Show entrance.
No general admission parking will be available at the Airport during the event. On-site parking is available for buses, coaches, VIP Experience and Gold Pass Holders and accredited disabled permit holders only. Access to this area will be via Airport Road from the Princes Highway.
Designated ‘Park and Ride’ parking areas will be available during the event. From these locations you can connect with a free shuttle bus to the event site:
- P1 car park will be located at Albion Oval on the corner of the Princes Highway and Tongarra Road with access via Princes Highway and Ash Avenue.
- P2 car park will be located on the corner of Tongarra Road and Croome Road with access from Tongarra Road.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).