Live traffic updates now available for more roads in 22 local councils
Drivers can now view real-time traffic information across more roads in 22 local government areas (LGAs).
Live Traffic NSW website and apps now offer more reliable information on traffic conditions, particularly during emergencies like bushfires or floods.
Traffic details include planned roadworks, weather events, road incidents, hazards and public events.
This information is shared with popular navigation systems including Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze and TomTom.
Through Live Traffic NSW, you can:
- Follow a live traffic incident and receive updates
- Filter maps to show only the information you are interested in
- Save your favourite trips and receive notifications about new incidents for your trip
- Save your favourite areas and receive notifications about new incidents for your area.
- View live camera footage of traffic conditions across NSW.
Find out more on using these features
The first 22 LGAs that can access these improvements are: Ballina, Bega Valley, Bellingen, Byron, Central Darling, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Gwydir, Inverell, Kempsey, Kyogle, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Maitland, Mid-Coast, Moree Plains, Nambucca, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Richmond Valley, Tamworth Regional, Tenterfield and Tweed.
Visit Live Traffic NSW website, or download the iOS or Android app to explore the new features.
From 2023 onwards, the remaining LGAs across NSW will gain access to Live Traffic NSW upgrades. Check transportnsw.info for regular updates.