Redfern station southern footbridge opening
From Sunday 8 October 2023, the new Southern footbridge, Marian Street concourse and Little Eveleigh Street concourse at Redfern Station will open to customers. The new six meters wide footbridge will ease congestion on the Northern Concourse and improve accessibility to customers with disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage travelling to and from Redfern Platforms 1 to 10.
The Southern footbridge and new concourse will provide our customers with the following:
- Improved access to the surrounding areas including South Eveleigh business center and education centers
- Six lifts servicing between the footbridge and Platforms 1 to 10
- Six stairs between the footbridge and platforms 1 to 10
- Opal gates on Marian Street and Little Eveleigh Street Concourses
- Barrier-free community access for member of the public wishing to cross from one side of the station to the other side
Please follow signs and see station staff if you need assistance.