Boiler Room Festival
Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park
Important Travel Advice
Attendees are encouraged to plan their trip and consider all the available travel options ahead of time.
Trains run regularly to Olympic Park and the venue is a short walk from the station.
Please note, T1 Western Line trains from Richmond and T2 Leppington Line trains will run direct to Olympic Park due to trackwork on some lines. If you're travelling from the City, change trains at Lidcombe for a service to Olympic Park.
Remember, you'll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device when travelling on public transport to and from the event. Register your details online at Opal or via the Opal Travel app ahead of time.
If you have to drive, travel with your group and pre-booking your parking online – available until 11:59pm the night before the event.
Ticketholders should consider catching public transport to avoid traffic delays. You can find real-time updates on traffic conditions at livetraffic.com.
You can use an Opal card for all modes of public transport in Sydney and surrounding regions, including metro, trains, buses, ferries and light rail.
More ways to pay
If you have a contactless-enabled American Express, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card, or a linked device, you can use it to pay for your travel by tapping on and tapping off at Opal card readers. Available on all public transport, contactless payments are another way to pay on the Opal network. Adult Opal fare pricing applies and you will receive Opal benefits, including daily and weekly fare caps.
Sydney Metro services are high-frequency, driverless trains running between Tallawong Station and Chatswood Station.
Due to planned weekend maintenance all Metro services between Tallawong and Chatswood will be replaced by buses. Change at Epping to connect with trains towards Strathfield then Olympic Park.
The closest station to Sydney Showground is Olympic Park. The Showground is are a short walk from the station.
T1 Western Line trains from Richmond and T2 Leppington Line trains will run direct to Olympic Park due to trackwork on some lines. If you're travelling from the City, change trains at Lidcombe for a service to Olympic Park.
- Trains from Richmond will run every 30 minutes to and from Olympic Park until late – stopping all stations to Granville, Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
- Trains from Leppington will run every 15 minutes to and from Olympic Park until late – stopping all stations to Granville, Auburn, Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
Weekend trackwork is taking place from 2am Saturday 2 December to 2am Monday 4 December on the following lines and may affect how you travel to and from the event. Plan ahead using the Trip Planner.
- Metro North West: Buses replace metro between Tallawong and Chatswood. Buses also replace T1 North Shore Line trains between Hornsby and Wynyard, change at Epping for trains to Central or Hornsby.
- City Circle: Trains will not run on the City Circle, or between Central and Wynyard. For travel around the City use the light rail between Central and Circular Quay, or local bus services. T4 Eastern Suburbs Line trains continue to run between Central and Bondi Junction, stopping at Town Hall, Martin Place and Kings Cross.
- T1 North Shore Line: Buses replace trains between Hornsby and Wynyard. T9 Northern Line trains run between Berowra or Hornsby and Central. Trains will not run between Wynyard and Central, or on the City Circle. Buses also replace metro services between Chatswood and Tallawong.
- T1 Western Line: Penrith trains start and end at Central, platforms 1-12, making extra stops at Flemington, Homebush and Burwood. Richmond trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only, change trains at Parramatta to continue your journey towards the City. Trackwork on the T1 North Shore Line and City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line: Buses replace Inner West Line trains between Strathfield and Central. Trains run to a changed timetable between Leppington and Olympic Park only. Change trains at Lidcombe to continue your journey towards Central. T1 Western Line Penrith trains make extra stops at Flemington, Homebush and Burwood. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T3 Bankstown Line: Trains run between Liverpool or Lidcombe and Sydenham only, some to a changed timetable. T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line trains run between Sydenham and Bondi Junction, with some making extra stops at St Peters and Erskineville. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: All Cronulla and some Waterfall trains make extra stops at St Peters and Erskineville. Daily from 8am to 8pm, extra trains run between Hurstville and Bondi Junction. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T5 Cumberland Line: Early morning and late-night trains run between Richmond and Olympic Park only. Change at Granville to continue your journey. Trains between Schofields and Liverpool continue to run to the normal timetable.
- T7 Olympic Park Line: Trains run to a changed timetable between Olympic Park and Lidcombe, continuing to Richmond or Leppington.
- T8 Airport & South Line: Trains run to a changed timetable and stopping pattern. You may need to change trains to continue your journey. Revesby trains run between Revesby and Central via the Airport. Most Macarthur trains run between Macarthur and Sydenham only. Change trains at Revesby if you are travelling to Airport stations. T4 Illawarra Line trains run between Sydenham and the City. Trackwork on the City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- T9 Northern Line: From 10.50pm Friday, trains run between Hornsby and Central, platforms 1-12. Saturday and Sunday, trains run between Berowra or Hornsby and Central, platforms 1-12, some to a changed timetable. Trackwork on the Metro North West, T1 North Shore and City Circle may also affect how you travel.
- Blue Mountains Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line: Trains may run to a changed timetable due to trackwork between Strathfield and Central.
- South Coast Line: From 3pm Friday, buses replace trains between Bomaderry, Kiama and Wollongong. Trains run between Port Kembla, Wollongong and Bondi Junction, to the normal timetable. Buses do not run to the train timetable. If you are connecting with trains at Wollongong you may need to catch an earlier bus to ensure you meet your train connection.
- Southern Highlands Line: On Saturday, from 10am to 4pm, buses replace trains between Campbelltown and Moss Vale.
Trackwork is carried out on an ongoing basis to maintain the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the Sydney Trains network. Trackwork may affect how you travel so allow extra travel time and plan ahead. For the latest information, check travel alerts and trackwork or plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
The following Sydney buses services run to Olympic Park:
- Route 525 runs between Parramatta and Strathfield via Sydney Olympic Park.
- Route 526 runs from the Sydney Olympic Park Ferry Wharf to Olympic Park.
- Route 533 runs from Sydney Olympic Park to Chatswood via Rhodes & North Ryde.
The closest wharf to Qudos Bank Arena is Sydney Olympic Park Wharf. There is a connecting 526 bus to the venue or alternatively it is approximately a 40-minute walk (3.6km) from the wharf.
F3 Parramatta River services run regularly to Olympic Park, but services are very popular and may reach capacity. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on catching an F3 Parramatta River service. Plan your trip and allow plenty of extra travel time or consider the alternative public transport options available.
F3 Parramatta River ferries between Parramatta and Rydalmere may be affected by low tide and replaced by buses, check for updates here.
L1 Dulwich Hill Line
L1 Dulwich Hill light rail services run between Central Grand Concourse and Dulwich Hill via Darling Harbour from 6am to 11pm daily, and until midnight on Fridays. Plan your trip using the Trip Planner.
Change at Central for trains towards Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
L2 Randwick and L3 Kingsford Lines
L2 Randwick light rail services run between Circular Quay and Randwick via Central Station (Chalmers Street) and L3 Kingsford line services run between Circular Quay and Juniors Kingsford via Central Station (Chalmers Street). Services run regularly from 5am to 1am, plan your trip using Trip Planner.
Change at Central for trains towards Lidcombe then Olympic Park.
Traffic may be heavier than usual on roads approaching Sydney Olympic Park including on the M4, Parramatta Road, Homebush Bay Drive and Concord Road as attendees travel to and from the event.
If you’re driving, travel with your group, allow extra travel time and pre-book your parking in advance to secure a space – available until 11:59pm the night before the show unless sold out prior.
Sydney Olympic Park Authority may close some local roads to accommodate increased public transport services and ensure pedestrian safety during events. For road closure details, visit the Sydney Olympic Park interactive map.
The nearest Taxi Rank is Herb Elliott Avenue near the Pullman Hotel.
If you’re using taxis or rideshare, remember that roads may be closed within the precinct. Allow plenty of extra travel time due to the increased traffic expected in the precinct before and after the event.
When leaving, choose a pick-up location away from the immediate area around the stadium to avoid delays.
There is no designated rideshare pick up location in the precinct. Demand for rideshare will be high and prices are likely to be surging. Avoid the traffic delays while roads are closed and consider catching a train or bus outside of the precinct instead to catch rideshare.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area, visit Transport Operators.
Sydney Olympic Park Car Parks
If you have to drive, carpool with your group and pre-book parking online in advance to secure a space.
Visit Sydney Olympic Park – Parking to secure your parking space ahead of the event – available until 11:59pm the night before the event or until sold out.
If you have pre-booked a space, follow the directions of staff and have your parking ticket ready to show at the car park entry.
If you haven’t pre-booked, follow the variable message signs within Sydney Olympic Park to the best available casual parking.
For more information visit Sydney Olympic Park – Parking.
Accessible trips are shown in the Trip Planner with the wheelchair icon. You can select "accessible services only" in the Options to ensure you only see accessible services. Only trip plans with accessible train platforms, ferry wharves and buses will be presented. See accessible travel or download a transport app (select the "Accessibility" filter).