Stay up to date on travel conditions
With a number of fires still burning across the state, especially in the north, stay up to date if you’re planning on catching public transport as services may be affected.
We encourage you to avoid all non-essential travel on roads and public transport. Many roads remain closed due to bushfires.
If you need to travel
- be prepared for conditions to change quickly and roads to close suddenly.
- make sure you’ve got water, food, supplies and a full tank of fuel. Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged before you set out.
If you’re already travelling when a bushfire starts, follow the directions of emergency services personnel.
For the latest information on
- road closures, check www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app or call 132 701.
- public transport, check travel alerts or download a transport app or call 131 500.
- fires go to the RFS website or download the Fires Near Me app.
A number of schools will be closed due to the fire risk, as a result a number of dedicated school bus services for these schools are also cancelled.
For more information on the schools that are closed go to https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety